Anoka Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney
Brain Injury Claims in Minnesota
Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a universal public health problem that has been called the “silent epidemic.” Those suffering from a TBI can face impairments that are often not visible or even detectable until advanced medical diagnoses are made.
Have you recently been diagnosed with a TBI in Minnesota? If it was caused by an accident, which was also caused by someone else, then you might be able to get compensation from them. Let the Anoka traumatic brain injury lawyers of Bolt Law Firm know what happened during a free initial consultation today!
About Traumatic Brain Injuries
TBIs account for nearly a third of injury-related deaths each year in the United States. TBI-related emergency room visits have increased steadily in recent years, too. If you have suffered a TBI, then you are not alone, and you should seek legal action.
Not only can a TBI result in permanent physical and mental disabilities, but they have also been linked to emotional dysfunctions. In other words, a single TBI can change all aspects of your life forever.
Potential effects of TBI may include the following:
- Memory problems
- Vision issues
- Difficulty reading
- Behavioral changes
- Rage issues
- Managing emotions
Even people with mild brain injuries or concussions often report difficulty focusing, interruptions in thought processes, and forgetfulness. If you think you might have suffered a brain injury, then you should see a medical expert immediately.
Damages Caused by TBIs
Every TBI, mild or severe, can be a profound, life-changing injury for the patient and their circle of family and friends. Approximately 1.5 million Americans are involved in accidents every year that cause TBI. Car, motorcycle, and bicycle accidents account for a large percentage of these injuries.
The losses and damages caused by TBIs often include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Physical and emotional suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life's activities
- Disability and insurance benefits
- Retraining and rehabilitation
Diagnosing a Brain Injury
To bolster the chances of your traumatic brain injury claim succeeding, you need to back it up with input and insight from medical experts. Our Anoka brain injury attorneys can network with local medical professionals and experts from around the country if needed. We stop at nothing to make sure that your injuries are understood, and you are fully compensated for all the harm they have caused you and will likely cause far into the future.
Treatment of TBI often includes a comprehensive team of medical professionals, including:
- Occupational, physical, and speech therapists
- Vocational rehabilitation specialists
Types of Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury can take many forms, depending on how it was caused and what symptoms it causes. We are capable of working on TBI cases involving any sort of brain injury, though, so you do not need to browse around for multiple firms just to handle your one case.
Four types of brain injuries include:
- Closed: A brain injury that does not involve the brain being directly injured or exposed. Most brain injuries are closed brain injuries, and they are caused by blows to the head.
- Penetrating: A brain injury that involves the brain being directly injured due to the skull being penetrated, which can happen in especially violent accidents.
- Hypoxic: A brain injury caused by oxygen deprivation to the brain. Suffocation or a high blood toxicity level can cause a hypoxic brain injury.
- Concussion: A specific type of brain injury most often caused by the brain hitting the inside of the skull and then swelling. Concussions are “mild” TBIs but can still cause permanent consequences.
Fight to Win – Call Our Firm Now
Our Anoka traumatic brain injury attorneys of Bolt Law Firm recognize that you are going through what might be the most difficult time of your life right now. Let us help you navigate it by providing excellent legal counsel that is balanced by a genuine interest in your wellbeing. This is what we have done for countless clients throughout the years!